People participate in activities that reflect their specific interests and abilities.
Support workers provide assistance when needed and are there to inspire, encourage and work to ensure people are able to participate fully and safely in the activities they have chosen.
Examples of Community Participation include:
- Volunteering at a local organization, church or club
- Attending an educational course
- Creating community connections through leisure
- Fostering friendships
- Social Connections
- Developing skills for living
- Contributing to the community by giving back
- Pallet production and small assembly employment
- Snow removal and Lawn Maintenance Crew
- Our workforce works throughout the community developing working and social relationships while on the job.
- Our employees offer great value at a fair price.
- Employees have the opportunity to be respected and admired for the work they offer the community.
Passport provides provincial government funding for services and supports so adults with a developmental disability can purchase services directly to:
- Take part in community classes or recreational programs
- Develop work, volunteer, and daily life skills
- Hire a support worker
- Create their own life plans to reach their goals
- Get temporary respite for their caregivers
People working together in a strong community with a shared goal and a common purpose can make the impossible happen.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.