We are committed to encouraging lifestyles for people that promote their independence, participation, inclusion, friendships and citizenship in the community. We believe in being respectful of the uniqueness, dignity, well-being and privacy for each person receiving support.
Supported Group Living
We promote personal decision making, meaningful community involvement and assist people to develop and maintain independence in their everyday lives.
- Community based support for adults with a developmental disability living, typically living with three or more people living together.
- Up to 24 hour/day support provides daily assistance, care and support with activities of daily living. (eg. assistance with personal hygiene, medication administration, dressing and grooming, meal preparation, money management, moving around their community and other life skills).
- Support provided is directed to achieve each personal goals, wishes, needs and dreams.
- Support to participate in community activities that the person finds interesting.
- Support to maintain personal and family relationships and connections.
Supported Independent Living
The frequency and type of support varies with each person and is based on the expressed needs of that person to enhance their quality of life. Support provided is directed to achieve each personal goals, wishes, needs and dreams.
- Individuals live independently or semi-independently in the community, and receive periodic guidance and support with instrumental activities of daily living (activities related to independent living, including preparing meals, managing money, shopping for groceries or personal items, performing light or heavy housework, and using a telephone).
- landlord and tenant negotiations, home maintenance, assistance with appointments and accessing other community resources
- Individual skill development is provided based on assessed needs and the persons individual support plan. The agency is responsible for individualized staff support with identified activities of daily living that is less than 24 hours per day as identified in the persons support plan.
- Supports for persons residing alone or living independently in a family or caregiver housing.
People working together in a strong community with a shared goal and a common purpose can make the impossible happen.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.