Board of Directors
Say something about the board of directors… the constitution, each member’s role, their commitment, the length of term, opportunities for new board members etc.
Doug Cooper - President
- Former Director at Large with Community Living Ontario
- Chair of the Conference Committee
- Co-Chair of the Awards Committee
- Chair of the Anne Stafford Bursary committee
- Past member of the Communication Strategies, Presidents, and Government Relations Committees
- Former Vice-President with Community Living Ontario
- Advisor with People First of Ontario
- Special Advisor for People First Tillsonburg
- Coach in the Tillsonburg Minor Hockey system
- Former Director with the Norwich Merchants Jr. “C” hockey club
- Former Equipment Manager and Trainer with the Norwich Merchants hockey club
- Ontario Hockey Association Intermediate Level coach and Level III trainer
- Baseball Golf and basketball coach for Special Olympics, Tillsonburg
- Operations Manager at Country 107 3/Easy 101 Radio, Tillsonburg
- Graduate of Radio Broadcasting Arts course, Fanshawe College, London
- Graduate of Crisis Intervention Worker course, Fanshawe College, London
General Manager of the Port Stanley Jr. C hockey club
Hockey coach of Men’s and Women’s extramural teams at Conestoga College
Patrick Benoit - Vice President
Patrick has resided in the Tillsonburg area for over 35 years. He has operated his own agricultural service business for over 25 years in the surrounding area.
He has been involved with Special Olympics as a coach and general volunteer for many years.
Patrick also serves on other boards including his church.
Over the years, he has participated in many volunteer organizations.
David Clergy - Treasurer
David originally came to Tillsonburg in 1979, left in 1985 and returned in 1989 and has lived here ever since. David’s son Jerry lives in Tillsonburg as well. David manages Home Hardware Building Centre here in town and has worked there for 23 years. He believes what Community Living Tillsonburg stands for and realizes people with special needs require others to advocate for them.
He has volunteered at the Valentine Luncheon and Bazaar for Community Living and has volunteered with Boy Scouts and Ventures for many years.
Karen moved to Tillsonburg in 1975 from Northern Ontario with her family. Married to Jim. Currently retired with small craft business at Christmas craft shows in the area. Proud mother to Vanessa and proud grandmother to Hunter.
- Education: Business Administration certificate from Fanshawe College, RIBO (Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario) Level 1 Certification, Canadian Institute of Bankers Fellowship Certificate. Public school began in Germany, continued in Winnipeg, Petawawa, Millbrook and ended in Madoc Ontario. Currently enrolled in home study for forensics and criminal profiling.
- History with CLT: 2016 joined CLT Board of Directors and elected Vice-President and also TCSI Board representative for CLT Board.
- History with MSC: 1997 to Present as MSC Executive Assistant and Recording Secretary for the MSC Board of Directors; 1997 to 2001 part-time payroll/financial services representative; and 4-time Accreditation participant on Leadership and Governance teams.
- History with TCSI: 1997 to 2016 as Recording Secretary to TCSI Board of Directors and Recording Secretary/Administrative Assistant to TCSI Management Team
- History with Stonebridge Community Services: 2008 to 2016 as Executive Assistant and Recording Secretary for Stonebridge Community Services Board of Directors
- Other Work History: Former roles include – loan officer at local bank and service representative in local insurance brokerage.
- Volunteer History: MSC Meals On Wheels volunteer since 1998; MSC Fundraising volunteer since 1997; MSC Silent Auction coordinator from 2010 to 2016; Ducks Unlimited volunteer and treasurer roles with 20 year distinction award; previously Interim Coordinator at Station Arts Centre during employee absence and volunteer store representative at Station Arts Centre for two years.
Bryan has lived in Tillsonburg for 47 years and has been a part of the community for a long time. He likes to help others – friends, family, and organizations.
He has volunteered with several groups – Fair Grounds for a lot of years, Church functions, Right to Life, Relay for Life and Batten Disease fundraiser.
Some of the other groups that he attends are:
- The People First Tillsonburg for the last ten years.
- Men’s Breakfast (Church Group) on a monthly basis.
- Community Living Tillsonburg Board of Directors since September 2016 to present.
Rosemary was born, raised and married in Tillsonburg, Ontario. Husband Serge, daughter Siobhan. She is currently employed at Premier Tech Home and Garden – Shipping – LTL Co-ordination. She has worked in the Home and Garden sector for 35 years.
- Represented Community Living Oxford on the London Catholic Special Advisory Committee for eighteen years
- Children’s Committee – part of Community Living Tillsonburg
- Executive Committee for the South Western Aquatic Swim Team Tillsonburg
- Treasurer and member of the Tillsonburg Kiwanis Sport Club
- President, Vice-President of the Kiwanis Club of Tillsonburg
- Currently treasurer for Special Olympics Tillsonburg
There are many ways you can get involved with Community Living Tillsonburg. If you are family member, a community member, or a business or organization that wants to help make a difference to people’s lives then and achieve our vision throughout the community.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.